Eight decisive factors that you need to know as you stay at home during this lockdown
By Kerubo Lornah
Beyond medicine, we have eight factors that will influence your health now during the lockdown and even later. Acquiring these helpful habits will actually transform your health for good.
FOR us to be in good health we must watch carefully what we eat. This will be achieved if we consider the following guidelines:
a. A proper eating plan.
Eating breakfast as a king, taking a moderate lunch and a small supper. The food we eat in the morning provides the body with energy and minerals for the day, but much food eaten in the evening is stored as fat and this is dangerous for the body.
b. Total nutritious plant food plan
Ensure as much as possible to eat whole and unrefined food- with all its vitamins, minerals and fiber.
c. Eat raw food
At every meal, ensure that you take some raw. Raw food is very rich in vitamins, minerals and other health benefits.
d. Varied- diet plan – eat a variety of food from day to day.
• Do enjoyable exercises daily.
• Exercising is very vital for your wellbeing in supporting a fast metabolism and burning more calories per day.• It helps one maintain your muscle mass and weight loss.
Here are a few benefits of exercising:
• It helps in fighting chronic diseases –regular exercise improves insulin sensitivity, cardiovascular fitness and body composition. Lack of regular exercise can lead to significant belly fat which increases the risk of diabetes, heart disease and early death.
• Exercising makes you feel good. It leaves you in a good mood. A happy body equals good health. The Bible clearly states in Proverbs 17:22 that a merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
• It helps in curbing weight gain and obesity.
• It plays an important role in building and maintaining strong muscles and bones. Exercise helps your body to release hormones that promote the ability of the muscles to absorb amino acids which helps them grow and reduce their breakdown. It also prevents you from getting osteoporosis.
• It helps you boost your energy. Regular exercise leads to reduced feelings of fatigue.
• Moderate exercise helps one to have a beautiful and healthy skin.
• Exercise helps your brain and memory. It increases your heart rate, which promotes the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain. It also stimulates the production of hormones that can help the growth of brain cells. – Furthermore, exercise has been shown to cause hippocampus, a part of the body that is vital for memory and learning.
• It helps you to get good sleep and quality sleep.
• On contrary to what many believe that exercise is not advisable when one is in pain, exercise can help you reduce pain. – It can help reduce pain in chronic low back pain, fibromyalgia and chronic soft tissue shoulder disorders among other conditions.
• Exercise helps improves sexual desire, function and performance in both sexes. It also curbs erectile dysfunction in men.
• Good hydration is important for your health.
• Drinking water helps maintain the balance of body fluids.
• About 70% of your body is composed of water. Enough water in the body enhances good absorption, digestion, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients and maintenance of body temperature.
Here are benefits of water in a nut shell:-
• Water flushes out toxins from your body
• Water maintains regularity.
• It improves skin complexion
• Promotes weight loss
• It increases energy and relieves fatigue.
• Prevents pain and sprains.
• Water boosts your immune system.
• Sunlight is very good for your health. It a great blessing from God given free.
• Sunlight is therapeutic.
• It helps in the production of vitamin D in your body.
• This great blessing is also wonderful in reducing stress and to lower cholesterol.
This means eating in moderation. It also means avoiding poisoning your body through products that contain alcohol, caffeine, drug abuse, unnecessary medication and eating highly seasoned foods. Be sure to avoid being an extremist in all diet principals.
Fresh air is good for your wellbeing. Ensure that when you exercise you choose natural environments. Your home should also be well ventilated.
• Rest is very important to the human body.
• Continuous working of your body is dangerous to your well-being. Sleeping between seven to eight hours is very crucial.
• Resting is also important once a week for worship and reflection. This is why God gave us the Sabbath day for rest.
8. Trust in Divine Power
The fact that our bodies were made by God –The Master Designer, helps us to know that He is still in control of our well-being.
When we go through different issues in life that leaves us sad, we should remember that God loves us no matter what happens and that He knows the future.
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, [who is] the health of my countenance, and my God.
Disclaimer: the above information is for education purpose and is not intended to replace medical functions of a health professional in anyway, either in diagnosing or treating medical conditions. The writer of the article will not take responsibility arising from the inappropriate use of the foods stated therein.