Discover benefits of Sesame seeds
By Kerubo Lornah
Sesame seeds are tiny, oil-rich seeds that grow in pods on the Sesamum indicum plant. Their sizes vary with thousands of varieties known.
The flat oval shaped seeds have a nutty taste. They come in different colors white, yellow, black and red.
God is indeed wonderful and loving. He freely gave us wonderful-healing seeds like Sesame. In this topic we are going to share a few benefits of sesame seeds and why you need to include the in your diet as from this hour.
The benefits will surprise you………..
1. Sesame seeds are high in energy. They can provide optimum health and wellness.
2. They are an excellent source of high quality protein which is most beneficial for growth in children.
3. They are very rich in calcium, which is very good for your bones. The calcium in these little seeds is also known to help ease the effects of migraine and in weight loss.
4. The copper in sesame seeds offer anti-inflammatory benefits which help to relieve the swelling in auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia.
5. They are very in vitamin E, Folic acid and B-complex vitamins such as niacin which enables the brain activity to go on well, reduce anxiety, and provides for better night’s sleep.
6. They contain a special element known as sesame-lignin, a potent antioxidant, which is an active free-radical scavenger that can also aid in lowering cholesterol and preventing high blood pressure- they contain magnesium a key nutrient known to lower blood pressure. -It contains phytosterols that block cholesterol production. Note that black sesame seeds are especially high in phytosterols.
7. These small-but-fully-packed seeds have unique ability to nourish the nervous system.
8. They can strengthen hormone production.
9. Sesame seeds supports the cardiovascular system.
10. They benefit the digestive system and reduce fatigue.
11. The high Vitamin E content in sesame seeds has been highly prized as a beauty treatment for healthy skin, hair and nails. The high zinc content helps produce collagen, giving skin more elasticity and helping repair damaged body tissues. Regular use of sesame oil can reduce chances of catching skin cancer.
12. Sesame seeds can be sprinkled on salads, vegetables or rice, mixed with dates, or honey, or used as a delicious spread known as Tahini.
• Tahini or Sesame butter is creamy, rich and satisfying and can be used in as a savory base to salad dressing, dips, sauces, or hummus, or used as a sweet treat when mixed with honey and nuts.
13. Sesame seeds prevent diabetes. Sesame oil has been shown to prevent diabetes.
14. The high fiber in sesame seeds helps in digestion.
15. Black seeds alleviates anemia. These seeds are particularly rich in iron. They are recommended for those who are suffering from anemia and weakness.
16. Sesame seeds and oil have a component known as sesamol. This is compound protects you from radiation damage to DNA.
17. These wonderful seeds alleviates arthritis. The high copper content in Sesame seeds prevents alleviates arthritis and strengthens bones, joints and blood vessels.
18. Does your face have wrinkles caused by strong sun rays? Then sesame seed oil is very helpful. The oil prevents harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun from damaging your skin, preventing the appearance of wrinkles and pigmentation.
19. Sesame seeds are very good to your baby’s health. A sesame oil massage improves growth and improves sleep. Rashes on baby’s skin especially where the diaper is can be protected by the use of this wonderful oil.
Disclaimer: the above information is for education purpose and is not intended to replace medical functions of a health professional in anyway, either in diagnosing or treating medical conditions. The writer of the article will not take responsibility arising from the inappropriate use of the foods stated therein.